A new version of ConfigMgr Client Health is finally released, and this version includes several improvements to the script.Read More
I’m happy to release version 0.8.0 of ConfigMgr Client Health, and introduce a webservice to communicate with the database.
The script now supports updating the database through a RESTful API, which simplifies and secures communication with the database. Using the -Webservice parameter, the script sends the results to the webservice, which then updates the database. Computer accounts no longer requires write access to the database in order to update it. Read More
ConfigMgr Client Health version 0.7.6 is released, and this version includes an important bugfix.
The previous version (0.7.5) introduced a new test that added a dependency on the smstsmgr service. Unfortuenatly this change ended up breaking the upgrade task sequence, something that my tests never caught as I never tested running an upgrade task sequence before releasing a new version. My test protocol is now updated, and this is something I will start testing from now now. Read More
Today I released version 0.7.5 of ConfigMgr Client Health.This version adds two more tests, as well as an important bug fix. I recommend everyone using older versions to upgrade to this version. Read More
Today I woke up to yet another ransomware attacking Europe, and this time it’s Bad Rabbit. The good news is that a killswitch for this ransomware is already discovered, preventing Bad Rabbit to infect any Windows system. Here is a configuration item for SCCM to quickly protect yourself. Read More
I’m happy to announce version 0.7.0 of the PowerShell script that increased our patch compliance to 99%. This version includes a new fix for downloads stuck at 0% in software center, and current patchlevel are now displayed in the database. Read More
A customer wanted a collection with all their HP EliteBook 840 G3 computers. I could always search the Intenet and find some queries that works, but I wanted to find out myself what fields to use and create the collection query myself. This blog post explain the process of creating your own WQL queries for SCCM collections from scratch using PowerShell.
I’m happy to announce version 0.6.7 of ConfigMgr Client Health is released. This version contains minor bug fixes and a right click tool for the Configuration Manager console to remotely start the client health check on your devices. Read More
ADK 1703 missing tabs in SCCM. I ran into a weird issue today after upgrading one of our customers to ADK 1703. We previously upgraded SCCM to version 1702 but choose to wait with ADK because of the driver signing issue. When we finally upgraded ADK to 1703 and created a new boot image, the tabs in SCCM to service the new 1703 boot image where missing and I could not add any drivers or optional components with the console. Read More
How to deploy .NET Framework 4.7 with SCCM. This step-by-step guide will hold your hand through the entire process from downloading the .Net Framework, creating the application and deployment types in SCCM with silent installer, and deploying .Net Framework 4.7 to a collection of computers
How to create SCCM Boot Image using DISM. This is a step-by-step guide where we create a boot image to be used with Configuration Manager from scratch using only Windows Assesment and Deployment Kit and DISM. Read More
Today I passed the 70-695 certification exam “Deploying Windows Desktops and Enterprise Apps”, and became MCSE: Mobility. You need 700 points to pass, and I got a score of 800. This is my take on the exam and tips on what to focus on. Read More
ConfigMgr Client Health finally supports logging to a SQL database. It automatically fixes Windows computers to ensure they can patch, and significantly increase patch compliance. Run SQL queries on the database to view the state of your clients. Read More
Today I upgraded a customer to SCCM 1702, but I ran into an issue that made things difficult. For some reason, they had a SCCM upgrade stuck checking prerequisites. A previous hotfix that was not installed had been in this state for a very long time and blocked all upgrades for them. Restarting SMS_Executive service or even rebooting the server did not fix this, and the option to upgrade was not available as SCCM thought some other upgrade was running a prerequisite check. This is how I fixed it. Read More