I’m happy to announce version 0.6.7 of ConfigMgr Client Health is released. This version contains minor bug fixes and a right click tool for the Configuration Manager console to remotely start the client health check on your devices.
Download: Microsoft Technet Galleries
Full documentation: https://www.andersrodland.com/configmgr-client-health/
- New feature: Right click tool console extension for Configuration Manager.
- Added Windows Time Services in config.xml as service to enforce as automatic, this due to bug reports where Last Boot Time in WMI is not updating properly if service not running.
- Fixed a bug where the reboot application would not start if running Windows 7 with PowerShell 2.0
- No longer use hard coded path “C:\Windows\ccm” to perform checks on the configuration manager client. The path is now pulled from registry.
- Lenovo models should now show the correct model name in logs and the database. All the code was present in version 0.6.6 for this to work, but the log object did not use it.
Right click tool console extension
This version comes with a console extension for Configuration Manager, and adds a right click tool on the devices to remotely start ConfigMgr Client Health on devices. It use PowerShell to remotely start the scheduled task that executes ConfigMgr Client Health.
Windows Remote Management (WinRM) is required to on the devices for this console extension to work.
Install the right click tool
Use the PowerShell installer “Install.ps1” to install the right click tool console extension. The installer takes two arguments:
The path to where the console extension stores its assembly and scripts.
The name of the scheduled task that starts ConfigMgr Client Health on your computers.
Install.ps1 -Path "C:\Program Files\ConfigMgr Client Health Console Extension" -ScheduledTaskName "ConfigMgr Client Health"