Lenovo have only released a beta driver for the ericsson F5521gw chipset for Windows 8. And running setup.exe out of the box wont enable full functionality. This is how you make it work:
Download the driver from Lenovo: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS027676
- Extract the zip in a folder.
- Open properties tab of setup.exe
- Set it to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode
- Open a command prompt and go to the directory of the driver
- Run the following command within the command prompt: setup.exe /wNOAUTOSENSING /wUSELASTKNOWNRADIOSTATE
- F5521gw will now install fine and integrate 100% with Windows 8.