These are the prerequisites required to install System Center 2012 Configuration Manager on a fresh installation of Windows 2008 R2.
Windows 2008 R2 Server Roles.
Internet Information Server
- All web-based roles
- Common HTTP Features
- Static Content
- Default Document
- Directory Browsing
- HTTP Errors
- HTTP Redirection
- .NET Extensibility
- ISAPI Extensions
- ISAPI Filters
Health and Diagnostics
- HTTP Logging
- Logging Tools
- Request Monitor
- Windows Authentication
- Request Filtering
- Static Content Compression
- IIS Management Console
- IIS Management Scripts and Tools
IIS 6 Management Compatibility
- IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility
- IIS 6 WMI Compatibility
Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
- Required for PXE Distribution Point
Windows Automated Iinstallation Kit (WAIK)
- Required for OS Deployment
Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Required for Software update point
Windows 2008 R2 Server Features.
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 Features.
- All web based roles
- Install both .NET 3.5.1 and WCF Activation
Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)
- Management Point
- Distribution Point
Remote Differential Compression
- Site Servers
SQL Server (Standard or Enterprise edition)
- SQL 2008 R2 SP1 CU 4 (or higer)
- SQL 2008 SP2 CU 10 (or higher)
- Server Collation: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
- Reporting services (Required for reports in Configuration Manager. Note that reporting services requires an additional SQL Server license)
Additional prerequisites to install System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
SCCM2012 will also download and install additonal prerequisites during installation. If you plan to install configuration manager in an environment without an internet connection, the following command allows you to pre-download these files.
- Open up a command prompt console.
- Navigate to the following directory on your installation media: “smssetup\bin\X64”
- SetupDL.exe targetdir. For example: “SetupDL.exe d:\cm2012\redist”
- Total download size is about 192 mb.
Note: .NET Framework 4.0 is automatically downloaded during config manager installation, but it didn’t install automatically during beta release of config manager. It is recommended that you install this manually.